Experimentation and Wargaming Online Press Room
Experimentation and Wargaming, formerly Operational Experimentation, is a compact, yet versatile organisation within NATO’s Headquarters Supreme Allied Commander Transformation, based in Norfolk, Virginia, USA.
EWB delivers transformation to the Alliance through the conduct of controlled experiments and wargames. Controlled experiments discover information, test hypotheses, and validate concepts before committing significant resources. The envisioned end-state is a wargaming capability that enables NATO’s competitive edge, characterized by creation, discovery, and exploitation of opportunities in a fail-safe environment using analytical rigor to inform political decision-making and military actions at the strategic, operational and tactical levels.
With an operational bias, EWB works with field operators and subject matter experts such as academia, industry, NATO/national bodies, and non-government organisations.
Experimentation and Wargaming enables the Alliance to better understand what works, what doesn’t, and why.
EWB Fact Sheets 2022
OPEX Fact Sheets 2022
OPEX Fact Sheets 2021
Experimenting in Exercises Fact Sheets:
- Common Medical Strategic Evacuation & Patient Movement
- Data Farming System Decision Making Support
- Gender Perspective in NATO's Core Task Collective Defence
- Military Contribution to Human Security
- Multi Corps Land Component Command Concept
- NATO Alliance Ground Surveillance Force
- Resilience Training Provision Improvement
- Special Operations Forces Command and Control
- Tactical Air C2 Integration in a Warfighting Corps Operations Centre
- Theatre Management of Medical Resources and Coordination with Civilian Healthcare