The International Concept Development and Experimentation (ICDE) Conference is the annual forum of Supreme Allied Command Transformation and US Joint Staffs’ to provide a unique opportunity for the international Concept Development and Experimentation community and stakeholders to discuss the most current issues of concept development and experimentation in the capability development process.
The National host for 2017 ICDE Conference will be the UK Development Concepts and Doctrine Centre.
Location: London, United Kingdom
Dates: October 2017
Theme: Maintaining Advantage in an Era of Global Challenges
- Champion Adaptation and Innovation through CD&E work across the Alliance and Partner Nations
- Advocate and enable a federated approach to concept development and innovation across the Alliance and with Partner Nations.
- Engage with our partners; build relationships and trust, draw inspiration from our colleagues and promote a networked CD&E environment that stimulates collaboration, information sharing and mutual support.
- Identify and exploit common areas of interest, building communities that can innovate with purpose and coherence.
- Educate partners on CD&E interests and processes; communicate CD&E best practices and lessons learned for collective benefit.
- Through Workshops and Seminars, progress individual workstrands and concepts.
A detailed agenda will be published in due course. Once published, it will be available here.
The conference is focused at the Major General level and below, or the civilian equivalent. Attendance from the following fields, as applicable, are desired: CD&E, Research and Development, Science and Technology, Doctrine Development, Military Transformation, Battle Laboratories, Centres of Excellence, Academia, the Defence Industry and Subject Matter Experts based on specific workshops/seminars. Attendees can be from a NATO nation/body, Partnership for Peace, Mediterranean Dialogue or Istanbul Cooperation Initiative nations, or from nations partnering with the US Department of Defence.
Security Classification and Language:
The program content is not classified and is releasable to the public. It will be presented and published in English; there are no translation services available during the conference.
|Due to increased global security considerations,
the specific location and other Conference details will only be provided through the event web app.
Please click here to be redirected to the app's webpage.
Use the access request form provided therein, should you not have received the password via mail already.
Conference presentations and other materials:
The conference presentations and other materials will be made available after the event.
ACT Lead Planner
Wing Commander Ruth Wilson
SO Capability Engineering & Innovation Division
Concept Development Branch
US Joint Staff J7 Lead Planner
Foreign Affairs Integration Officer
International Force Development Division