The Public Affairs Office (PAO) is responsible for the drafting, and for globally communicating, the Strategic Vision and Message of NATO's Supreme Allied Commander Transformation (SACT) as well as drafting and maintaining NATO's Bi-SC (Bi-lateral Strategic Command) Strategic Vision Plan.
The Chief Public Affairs Officer (PAO) is the official spokesperson for SACT, and advisor for SACT, DSACT and Chief of Staff. The CPAO represents Allied Command Transformation and all subordinate commands, including SACTREPEUR (Supreme Allied Commander Transformation's Representative in Europe), in the public's eye. PAO manages the public perception of the command, the corporate image of the command and manages command information products and news.
PAO identifies and drafts PA strategy and goals that are needed to reach the end state of SACT's intent and vision, and is also responsible for the transformation and standardization of NATO Bi-SC Public Affairs functions and responsibilities; it is also responsible for public information support to the Joint Warfare Centre (JWC), the Joint Force Training Centre (JFTC) and the Joint Analysis Lessons Learned Centre (JALLC).
PAO plans and organizes external media interviews and events for Allied Command Transformation staff and personnel by coordinating News Conferences (a.k.a. "Press Conferences") and media interviews, which support SACT's intent and vision.
PAO has the primary responsibility for the NATO Public Affairs Course and for the curriculum of other NATO Public Affairs training; manages and maintains the look, design and content of the official ACT publically accessible, unclassified Internet website and also coordinates and publicises NATO community events locally in the Norfolk, VA region.
The Public Affairs office is a part of the Strategic Communications (StratCom) Branch at Headquarters Supreme Allied Commander Transformation, which has the following composition:
- Colonel Javier Alejandre, Spanish Army - Chief StratCom
- Mr. Jay Paxton, Canadian NATO International Civilian (NIC) - Chief Public Affairs and Deputy Chief StratCom
- Mr. Frank Schiller, German NATO International Civilian (NIC) – Chief Corporate Communications
- Lieutenant Colonel Greg Poehlmann, Canadian Army – PA/StratCom Training Officer
- Commander Jean-Cristophe Peytou, French Navy – StratCom Plans & Policy and Training Officer
- Commander Frank Martin, German Navy - Staff Officer Corporate Communications
- Lieutenant Commander Karen Eifert, U.S. Navy - Media Relations Officer
- Lieutenant Commander Dave Jones, Royal Navy - Public Affairs Plans & Policy and Community Relations Officer
- Mr. Paolo Giordano, Italian NATO International Civilian (NIC) - Web Site Manager
- Leading Writer Michaela Craze, Royal Navy - Admin
- Senior Chief Petty Officer Aaron Glover, U.S. Navy – Leading Mass Communication Specialist
- Chief Petty Officer Adrian Melendez, U.S. Navy - Mass Communication Specialist
- Petty Officer First Class Abraham Essenmacher, U.S. Navy - Mass Communications Specialist
For Media-related queries please contact:
Allied Command Transformation Public Affairs Office (ACT PAO)
7857 Blandy Road, Suite 100 Norfolk, VA 23551-2490
Tel: +1 (757) 747-3600, Fax: +1 (757) 747-3234
For all other queries click here