ACT INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME (ACT DIR 50-7)
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR POSSIBLE INTERNSHIP 2019
DIVISION: Joint Force Trainer
BRANCH/SECTION: Joint Education, Training and Exercises / Training and Exercise Branch
DETAILS OF PROJECT:
The intern will participate in a range of programmes within the Training and Exercise Branch under the tutelage of the Exercise Coordinator, providing analysis and support to Projects that may include:
- Identify and Establish Measures of effectiveness for the NATO Exercise Programme
- Explore and make recommendations on new technologies and processes to support exercise planning and execution
- Explore and make recommendations on new technologies and processes to simplify and streamline the scenario development process
- Review / revise NATO's Exercise Requirements Management process
- Codify internal roles of responsibilities in the area of Strategic Communications planning for exercises.
Deliverables will include research reports, point papers, and Power Point presentations. Specific deliverables will be tailored based on experience of the selected intern and the specific project.
TYPE OF BACKGROUND/EDUCATION PREFERRED:
- Current or recent Postgraduate student in operations research, mathematics, business, management, or economics.
- Experience in planning and designing research projects, conducting data collection, and analyzing quantitative/qualitative data, and presenting results.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
- A strong interest in military affairs.