ACT INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME (ACT DIR 50-7)
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR POSSIBLE INTERNSHIP 2019
DIVISION: Resources & Management
BRANCH/SECTION: Strategic Management Branch
The function of the Strategy Management Branch (STRATMAN) is to ensure that ACT’s Programme of Work (PoW) is developed, resourced and executed in accordance with SACT’s intent and Direction and Guidance, that identified needs are allocated the requisite resources in an integrated fashion and that SACT is positioned to actively contribute to resource reform within the Alliance. This function encompasses different roles, which are dealt with by two Sections within the Branch;
The first, concentrates on ACT’s Resource Planning, Resource Policies and leads ACT’s involvement in Resource reform.
The second responsible for coordination of ACT’s internal and quality management; portfolio, programme and project (P3) management training, decision support and associated Management Board (MB) performance and risk reviews.
DETAILS OF PROJECT:
Assist the STRATMAN's Subject Matter Experts, as assigned by STRATMAN's Branch Head, to:
- Gain an awareness and knowledge of the ACT Strategic Management & Project Management process.
- Participate in the implementation of Strategic Management & Project Management Methodology.
- Assist in Resource Planning and the production of Resource Policies
- Participate in Project Management technical expertise provided to ACT's Programmes Teams: assist for the implementation of Work Breakdown Structure, Risks and Issues Management, Stakeholders Analysis, Communication Plan.
- Participate in implementation of internal controls process.
- Provide support to improve and maintain Strategic Management & Project Management tools: Project Management Wiki, Strategic Management Database, STRATMAN Share Point Site.
- As and when necessary, provide project Management Training support
Monthly Status Report to STRATMAN's Branch Head.
TYPE OF BACKGROUND/EDUCATION PREFERRED:
Current or recent Postgraduate student in Project Management or Business Management Field.