ACT INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME (ACT DIR 50-7)
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR POSSIBLE INTERNSHIP 2019
DIVISION: Command Group
BRANCH/SECTION: Office of the Political Advisor (POLAD)
DETAILS OF PROJECT:
- Provide research and support to the POLAD office on NATO activities and policies related to political processes.
- Collect, assimilate and distribute current information on political affairs related to NATO.
- Draft summary reports of conferences and staff visits and meetings as directed.
- Maintain contacts with support staff of General and Flag officers with whom the POLAD has regular working interaction.
Under the supervision and guidance of the POLAD, Intern deliverables will include but not be limited to:
- Research reports and political summaries as directed.
- Assist in the research and development of point papers, PowerPoint presentations, and other documents on NATO activities and policies related to political affairs as directed and required by POLAD.
- Accompany POLAD in meetings as requested and record meeting minutes and assist with post meeting tasks.
- Support the POLAD in his capacity as responsible for providing oversight and advice on engagements with partners and partnership outreach including:
- NATO and Partner Nations
- Other International Organizations (IOs), non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and think tanks.
- Assist in the research and completion of POLAD related documents required for SACT’s visits to nations and engagements with IOs, NGOs, think tanks and other institutions.
- Coordinate political guidance, coordination and assistance to the different branches of ACT involved in programmes with partners.
- Provide support to the CAG and SACT’s Front office by reviewing speeches, articles and lines to take for the Commander’s engagements with senior leaders of NATO, its member nations and partners.
- Monitor and provide input for the POLAD tasks on Tasker Tracker in close cooperation with POLAD EA
TYPE OF BACKGROUND/EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Current or recent Postgraduate student in fields related to political affairs or international affairs.
- Knowledge of NATO polices and political-military decision making process.