ACT INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME (ACT DIR 50-7)
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR POSSIBLE INTERNSHIP 2019
DIVISION: Joint Analysis & Lessons Learned Centre / Office of the Chief of Staff
BRANCH/SECTION: Public Affairs & Protocol Office
DETAILS OF PROJECT:
The intern will serve as a Public Affairs and Protocol (PA&P) Assistant in the Joint Analysis and Lessons Learned (JALLC) Office of the Chief of Staff (COS) under the supervision of the JALLC PA&P. The PA&P Officer is responsible to the COS for all matters related with protocol and official events organization; as well as to the Commander regarding JALLC’s communication activities, acting as spokesperson of the JALLC. The PA&P intern will provide assistance to the PA&P Officer in these tasks and provide other support within the COS’ Office.
- Engage in the update of information on JALLC’s Social Media platforms, according to the established Communication Campaigns;
- Support PA&P Officer in the planning and conduction of VIP visits to the JALLC;
- Support the JALLC Editor in the development and review of all communication related products;
- Support the Office of the COS in any matter considered related to Public Relations and other administrative tasks.
Properly formatted, laid out and well-written communication products for JALLC’s Social Media platforms.
TYPE OF BACKGROUND/EDUCATION PREFERRED:
- Current or recent Post Graduate in Public Relations, Journalism or equivalent;
- Demonstrated excellent writing and English language skills. These skills must include the ability to organize documents logically, write clear and concise, grammatically correct, technical English, and précis long documents;
- Interest in Defence and Security issues;
- Basic understanding of the principles of International Protocol;
- Advanced skills in communicating with selected target audiences using social media platforms;
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Word, Publisher and PowerPoint. Required skills include: definition and use of styles, template creation and use, and document layout, including layout of tables and graphics.