ACT INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME (ACT DIR 50-7)
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR POSSIBLE INTERNSHIP 2019
DIVISION: Joint Analysis & Lessons Learned Centre / Lessons Learned Analysis Division
DETAILS OF PROJECT:
The Joint Analysis and Lesson Learned Centre (JALLC) is NATO's centre dedicated to support Alliance-wide implementation and sustainment of NATO’s Lesson Learned (LL) Policy through monitoring and supervising the NATO LL Process within the NATO Command Structure and other NATO bodies. The JALLC is the lead agent for the collection and sharing of lessons, accomplished through active content management of the NATO LL Portal, joint analysis as an integral part of the LL Process and outreach to Allies and Partners. The JALLC supports Warfare Development and Warfighting, improving NATO’s ability to operate and adapt, through training, advising and assessment activities enabling the establishment and sustainment of effective LL capabilities across NATO. The intern will serve to assist Operational Analysis in the JALLC LL Analysis Division providing scientific operational analysis support to the JALLC projects. The LL Analysis Division delivers high quality and timely analysis reports, products, and associated Lessons Identified in accordance with the JALLC Bi-SC approved Programme of Work or as tasked through Emergent Joint Analysis Requirements, directly contributing to the development of NATO capabilities, policies, concepts, doctrine, procedures and training.
Core duties under the tutelage of the Sponsor:
- Provide technical expertise and advice to members of the JALLC LL Analysis Division and to the JALLC project teams.
- Assisting in the development and implemention of techniques for undertaking quantitative and qualitative analysis to meet the needs of the project teams.
- Support project team document research, data collections, data analysis, and reporting.
- Support drafting of JALLC Analysis Project Reports.
- Support development and staffing of the inputs to other JALLC products as necessary.
Documented elements of JALLC Analysis Project Reports, arising from the core duties, with content and format suitable for external publication.
TYPE OF BACKGROUND/EDUCATION PREFERRED:
- Current or recent Post Graduate student in Operations Research, Management Science, Applied Sciences, Applied Economics or a closely related subject involving quantitative methods.