ACT INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME (ACT DIR 50-7)
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR POSSIBLE INTERNSHIP 2019
DIVISION: Joint Forces Trainer (JFT)
BRANCH/SECTION: Education, Training, Exercises & Evaluation (ETEE) Plans & Policy Branch – Global Approach/Gender Advisor
The HQ SACT Gender Advisor (GENAD) provides ACT commands advice with regard to gender issues associated with the implementation of UNSCR 1325 in policies, concepts and directives, in particular as to Education and Training.
DETAILS OF PROJECT:
Fulfill the role of an ETEE intern, and under the tutelage of the sponsor undertake the following tasks:
- Assist in:
- Increase awareness on gender perspective in ACT
- Maintaining an overview on current policy in regard to gender perspective
- Developing and conducting a communication plan inside ACT
- Support the writing of the gender in military operations newsletter
- Participate in meetings, gender workshop in HQ SACT
- Support the development and implementation of gender related events and incidents in NATO exercises conducted at JWC, JFTC and other NATO facilities.
Guidelines on integrating gender perspective in NATO exercises
TYPE OF BACKGROUND/EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Current or recent Postgraduate student in humanitarian studies or in humanitarian law.
- It would be desirable for the incumbent to have knowledge of the UNSCR (United Nations Security Council Resolution) 1325 and related resolutions.