ACT INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME (ACT DIR 50-7)
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR POSSIBLE INTERNSHIP 2019
DIVISION: Joint Force Trainer
BRANCH/SECTION: Education and Individual Training Branch, Education and Training Technologies Section
DETAILS OF PROJECT:
Working within the Education Training Technologies (ETT) Section under Education and Individual Training (EIT) Branch, the Intern will assist in supporting the planning, development and delivery of e-Learning courses, as well as experimentation with new technology supporting education and training. This includes the instructional and multimedia design, the online delivery of the finished course via the NATO e-Learning Services, as well as Immersive Training Environments including virtual worlds and serious games.
To support ETT staff in the planning and development of instructionally sound, relevant online courses supporting NATO operations, exercises and academic events, tasks will include:
- Researching current academic and industry development tools and methods for online learning
- Reviewing current NATO styles and standards and advising on potential improvements
- Assessing the pedagogy requirements for NATO and nations (including partners) for successful online training delivery
- Assessing Blended Learning as the best solution to NATO’s training needs
- Supporting HQ SACT in the development and adoption of online learning including computer based, mobile and social learning capabilities
TYPE OF BACKGROUND/EDUCATION PREFERRED:
The incumbent should be a current or recently granduated post graduate studentl in the area of Instructional Systems Design, Instructional Technology or Education related training.
HQ ACT is seeking a keen dynamic individual to bring new ideas and experiences to assist in the NATO wide development of online learning. This exciting new capability allows NATO to train and educate staff, “Anywhere and Anytime” and seeks to be at the forefront of this technology.