ACT INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME (ACT DIR 50-7)
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR POSSIBLE INTERNSHIP 2019
DIVISION: Capability Development
BRANCH/SECTION: Capability Requirements Branch
DETAILS OF PROJECT:
Capability Requirements Branch core business is to determine Minimum Capability Requirements (MCR) in the NATO Defence Planning Process. An intern will be expected to assist/work on the following:
Essential Core Duties:
- Problem definition, structuring and scoping techniques for research studies and other projects related to MCR,
- Study design, data collection and analysis for determination of MCR,
- Quantitative and qualitative data analysis in relation to MCR,
- Document research and conducting literature reviews.
Additional Duties as Required:
- Note-taking and report writing for workshops and seminars within Staff Element Europe,
- Writing presentations and speaking notes,
- Knowledge Management development and maintenance.
Deliverables will be tailored based on experience of the selected intern and the specific project.
TYPE OF BACKGROUND/EDUCATION PREFERRED:
- Current or recent Postgraduate student in operational analysis, management, economics, public administration,
- Understanding of the principles of planning and designing research projects, conducting data collection, analysing quantitative / qualitative data, and presenting results,
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint,
- An interest in military affairs.